Designed for preventing flashbacks. Installed on oxygen pressure regulators.
|Gas||type||Maximum operating pressure, bar||Capacity m3/h||Inlet thread||Outlet thread|
|oxygen||FA NV||20||50||female M14x1,5||male M14x1,5|
Each flashback arrester DONMET КОК/КОG undergoes a performance check by provoking a flashback on a special device!
100% performance guaranteed
Gas cutting and welding processes present potential risks of emergencies, including flashbacks (flame front entering a gas hose, a pressure regulator or a cylinder). To ensure SAFETY, prevent danger to life and protect the equipment from breaks, it is required to use state-of-the-art flashback arresters.
Safety devices must be installed either at the pressure regulator, or in the hose rupture or at the consumer’s side — the torch / cutting torch. DONMET plant produces all of these types of flashback arresters (see diagrams below).
Distinctive features of DONMET flashback arresters:
– Non-expendable: stop more than 100 flashbacks in a row;
– Work under pressure of up to 20 bar;
– Capacity 50m3 – allows to cut metal up to 400 mm thick;
– Each flashback arrester DONMET КОК/КОG undergoes a performance check by provoking a flashback on a special device;
– 2 functions: in-built spring-loaded check valve prevents gas overflow (preventive measures against flashbacks), and the porous insert of chrome-nickel steel reduces the flame front temperature below the ignition point thus preventing a flashback;
– service life is on average 2-3 years, taking into account possible flashbacks.
It is dangerous to work without a flashback arrester! Potential risks are:
– rupture / burnout of gas hoses
– body burns
– pressure regulator inflammation
– explosion of cylinder
Flashbacks may result from:
– gas mixture entering the hose in case of equipment malfunction, contaminating particles entering the system, a sharp change in pressure in the system – emptying the cylinder or pressure regulator leakage;
– gas mixture in the cylinder;
– liquid gas fuel entering the oxygen hose;
– closing the nozzle outlet orifice with the part being cut or welded